Valves from Schubert & Salzer offer outstanding advantages when used in the food and beverage industry. Our seat valves, sliding gate valves, sterile valves and ball sector valves are suitable for a wide range of applications.
Valves for applications with product contact
Schubert & Salzer sterile valve with EHEDG certificate or 3A conformity were developed for demanding applications with product contact. The FDA-compliant pinch valves are equally suitable for products with a high viscosity and mixed products that need to be handled gently.
Applications with product contact in which Schubert & Salzer valves are used, are, for example: the brewing of beer, the manufacture of soft drinks, coffee, wine, milk, yoghurt with fruit pieces, chocolate mass, sauces or mustard.
Valves for bottling processes
Valves from Schubert & Salzer perform important tasks in the bottling of beverages and foodstuffs. Seat valves and pinch valves are used, for example, for the dosing of different process gases and to regulate tank pressure or flow rates.
Angle seat valves in hygienic versions are perfectly suited to the KEG cleaning and bottling plants in the beverage industry. They meet the requirements of the EC regulation 1935/2004 and are also FDA-compliant.
Valves for CIP and SIP processes
In order to prevent contamination of the product during product changes or the effect of bacteria and microorganisms during standstills, plants in the food industry and the valves installed in them undergo regular cleaning processes (CIP/SIP). With valves from Schubert & Salzer, the cleaning media is tempered and fed to the plants. For strict requirements, sterilisation with steam is additionally performed, or complete plants are kept free from germs with sterile air.
Valves for heating and cooling processes
In heating, cooling, autoclaving or pasteurisation, operating media such as steam and hot air as well as heating and cooling water are shut off and regulated with valves from Schubert & Salzer. Applications in the food and beverage industry are, for example, boilers for the manufacture of preserves and beer, tempering of chocolate mass, refining of edible oils, potato peeling and frying plants, freeze drying of fruits, spray drying of milk products, and hot and cold smoking plants for meat and fish.
Valves for auxiliary media
Valves from Schubert & Salzer are also used for typical auxiliary media in the food and beverage industry, such as water, air, CO2 or nitrogen. Sliding gate valves are used in particular with very high or low temperatures as well as high pressures, or where fast switching processes, high control accuracy or a high rangeability are required. Angle seat valves are used in particular with small nominal sizes and low operating pressures, especially where particularly high leak-tightness is desired. Ball sector valves can also be used as an alternative with auxiliary media, e.g. with product freights.
The majority of the valves in Schubert & Salzer’s range conform to the EC regulation 1935/2004 and the plastics used are FDA-compliant.
Valves for explosion-proof areas
In the distillation of alcohol, the grinding of flour and in many other applications, strict regulations apply with regard to explosion protection. Shut-off and control valves from Schubert & Salzer are also available with approvals according to ATEX 2014/34/EU for use in these areas.
Schubert & Salzer – Your Partner in the Food & Beverage Industry
Application examples for valves in the beverage industry:
- KEG cleaning and bottling processes
- CO2 dosing and tank pressure regulation
- Regulation of chemicals, hot water and steam in CIP processes
- Product filtration / beverage filtration
- Regulation of beverage flow rates
- Fresh water regulation in water treatment
- Water regulation in tunnel pasteuriser
- Spray water dosing and alkali heating in bottle cleaning plants
- Steam regulation for pan heating in breweries
- Steam regulation for short-term heating systems (UHT)
- Ice water regulation for fermentation tanks
- Mixing and concentration of soft drinks
- Hot water production for pasteurising/bottle cleaning plants
Application examples for valves in the food industry:
- Steam and cooling water regulation for boilers
- N2-inertisation in production, transport and storage of foodstuffs and aromas
- Steam sterilisation of food packaging
- Regulation of coolants such as liquid ammonia
- Regulation of steam in CIP processes, e.g. in milk processing
- Steam regulation in industrial frying plants for potato products
- Steam pressure regulation for autoclaves in the manufacture of preserves
- Steam regulation for the manufacture of coffee concentrate and tea extract
- Coffee manufacture (regulation of coffee extract)
- Production of corn-based breakfast cereals
- Regulation of steam, alkali and water
- Steam regulation in the refinement of edible oils
- Fast-switching steam valves on potato peeling plants
- Regulation of hot and cooling water in the production of raw cocoa mass and the processing of chocolate
- Freeze drying
- Treatment of nuts (sterilisation, roasting)
- Maturing systems for cheese
- Hot and cold smoking plants
- Brine injection
- Manufacture of ice cream
- Spray drying
- Manufacture of starch from wheat and potatoes